Hopvine House CCTV policy
1) CCTV has been installed solely for the safety and security of our patients and staff.
2) CCTV is operational in our waiting area/reception and car park.
3) Images are recorded 24 hours a day, seven days a week and stored on the hard drive of the recording device. The recording device is situated in a locked cabinet and only the Practice Manager, Senior Management and practice owner has access to the recordings.
4) The CCTV only records images and does not record audio.
5) All CCTV recordings are stored on our recording devices’ hard-drive for 30 days before being wiped.
6) Signs informing visitors that CCTV is in place can be found in the waiting area/reception and the surgeries.
7) Simply Smile Hopvine House Limited is the operator of the CCTV.
8) If clinicians decide that they wish CCTV to be operational within the surgery then they will explicitly make patients aware of CCTV being in place. Patients can request to it being switched off for the duration of their time in the surgery.
9) The recording device has the capability of transferring data to an external drive for cooperation with the relevant authorities. We will only ever do this where there is cause to believe the safety and security of patients/staff has been compromised. We do not ever share images with other third parties.
10) Visitors to the practice have the right to request to see images of themselves on CCTV as part of a Data Protection request. Like all Data Protection requests, this request must be made in writing and the same exceptions apply. We charge an administration fee of £10 for this. We will also require information that will allow us to identify the visitor , the date and time of the visit.
11) We have followed the CCTV guidelines produced by the Information Commissioners’ Office, http://www.ico.org.uk/for_organisations/data_protection throughout.